CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

The Adventures of Brad, Elizabeth, Allison and Will

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Girls Weekend

This past Saturday, after my cousin Amanda’s wedding, I hopped in the car, turned up the radio and headed off to a fun, filled girls weekend in Austin.  All in all, there were ten of us and we had so much fun catching up.  These girls are the ones who knew me when…no worries, cares, responsibilities, nada. 

During college, we all had a blast living in the Tri Delt house and I really bonded with them my Junior and Senior year.  We have seen each other annually due to one of our weddings, but now that most of us are married, we decided to plan a weekend away.

We went to dinner at Garitos.  This place is awesome, serving up eclectic, gourmet tacos that taste fabulous.  If in Austin, try the shrimp, sirloin, and fried oyster tacos, delicious.  After dinner and a few margaritas, we headed over to Annie West, a fun bar on West 6th Street.  We had a blast dancing and singing the night away.

On Sunday, we headed to lunch at Austin Java Co. where I scarf fed down the Migas.  I must say, I love the restaurants in Austin.  After lunch, I went over to Audrey’s and hung out with my buds Amy and Audrey.  I tell you, the best conversations always seem to pop up when I least expect it.

I arrived home about 6 pm on Sunday and learned what my crew had been up to while I was gone.  Never would Mommy have allowed this but you can tell they had a lot of fun.  Next time, have Will wear a helmet! 

I came home refreshed and renewed with a new outlook on life and my role as a Mommy.

Thanks guys for a great time!  Love you all, and look forward to next year’s reunion.

 IMG_3821 IMG_3823IMG_3840 IMG_3825

No comments:

Post a Comment