CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

The Adventures of Brad, Elizabeth, Allison and Will

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Growing up so fast

Then

Now



It is very odd how daily life seems to roll by so slow yet before you know it, a whole year has gone by.  When I got pregnant with Will, I was a little nervous about having a boy.  As you know, I am a very girly girl.  But the Lord knew just what our family needed.  You can definitely see God's workmanship in the beauty of a child.  He knows just what type of personality your family needs and creates your child to be more beautiful than you could ever imagine. Will turned 14 months old yesterday and I sometimes wonder if it is unhealthy how much I love him and how crazy I am about him.  A friend commented and said, "Maybe now we can understand our mother-in-laws a little better." I hope Will and I are always close but even more, I try and remind myself how Jesus needs to be first in my life and to love him more than anything else.  I thank him daily for Brad, Allison and Will, what blessings they are in my life and they are all gifts from HIM.

Which brings me to Allison, she is growing up sooo fast and is super funny.  I love the things she says and how sometimes you would think she is 8 years old and at other times, still an infant!  Her zest for life is contagious and we say to each other all the time, "Girlfriends forever".  I started writing this blog to document the daily adorable things my children do.  So far in the last few weeks, here are a few random thoughts and memorable events:

1.  Gave Allison finger paints and paper-painted the dog and herself instead
2.  The new fad is Silly bandz-what shape do we need next?
3.  Allison believes sneaking Doritos for breakfast is ok and a nutritious way to start the day
4.  Will started walking 6/19 and is all over the place.  He carries toys all over the house and loves to climb up on his stool in the bathroom, look and the mirror and brush his hair or brush his teeth.
5. Will is officially a toddler and for some reason it makes me sad.  I don't want him to grow up but at the same time, I don't want him to be a weanie (pardon me)
6.  I love reading as a family at night before bed and bathing the kids.  Color Dots by Crayola have become a standard in our family and every night we choose what color to make our bath water.  Don't think it has any dangerous chemicals.
7.  Red boots go with everything and you must ALWAYS wear a raincoat in the rain (Allison philosophy)
7.  The Lord is revealing to me his presence in my life

Thats all for now.


Allison's first ballet class, all dressed up!

4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,
    I love your blog!!!! Welcome to the blog world! Now when your kids do something fun you have to wear your camera on your hip so you can snap that special moment and blog about it later (when they go to bed) Can't wait to see your next post!!! Will and Allison are adorable in these pics!!! Your background is really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! Look forward to watching the kids grow via the web....

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to blog world! A & W are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious and fun to read! I'm excited about keeping up this way. :-)

    ReplyDelete