CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

The Adventures of Brad, Elizabeth, Allison and Will

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Allison’s first day of ballet

It seems like for most people, this week is pretty momentous! I have so many friends whose children are starting kindergarten and even a few friends starting new jobs.  As we leave the lazy summer days behind, I am excited to get back into a routine.  Today,  Allison started Creative Movement at Houston Academy of Dance.  I so enjoyed getting her ready this afternoon and remembering how much I hated my own mother putting my hair back in a bun!  Nevertheless, Allison looked absolutely beautiful and I was so excited to see my little girl embarking on a real “girlie, girlie” activity!  As most of you know, I am NOT an athletic person.  I started dancing when I was 5 and didn’t even make it to my first recital before dropping out.  Oh, how I now wish I would have stayed with it.  For years, I struggled with being completely uncoordinated and I know if I would have stuck with dance, it just might have helped my athletic ability.  But of course, at five who thinks beyond that day.  Anyway, I did end up in drill team during high school but have to work really hard to get the steps all down.  I definitely have fond memories of my dancing days and if anything, maybe Creative Movement can help Allison gain coordination for her life in sports.  She is already showing her natural ability and I will be there to support her as a ballerina, volleyball player or pro soccer player.  It is so much fun to see my children growing as individuals and shining in their God given gifts and abilities.

IMG_4263

Chloe, Allison and Sydney before their first dance class

IMG_4266

Have fun girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment