CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

The Adventures of Brad, Elizabeth, Allison and Will

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Being Cool

We took this picture today on our way to my parents house to celebrate my dad's 62nd birthday.  We were going swimming, and Allison decided she would wear her goggles like sunglasses, all the way to their house.  It was hilarious to see her so serious about her goggles and the fact that she was going swimming.  It was as if she was going to fly out of the car and land in the pool!  Swimsuit on-check, diving sticks in hand-check, goggles on eyes ready for a big splash of water-check!

IMG00057-20100711-1720 (2)

This reminded me of those embarrassing photos my parents have of me and how when we are kids, we all think certain outfits, accessories and hair styles are so cool, yet looking back we laugh at how cute, yet silly we really looked.  For me, it was the E.T. pajamas that were yellow and blue with E.T.’s face plastered on the center of the shirt, my brown braided belt that went with everything and looked just right when the end was flipped over, any picture from junior high, Units(you remember them because we all wore them in the ‘80’s) and most of all my silk blouse that looked like every color in a rainbow had been splattered all over it.  This fabulous shirt was worn tucked into a red suede skirt, classic!  Oh how I am glad I do not own a scanner for I would never live these moments of fashion disasters down.

I can’t wait to show Allison this picture above when she is about 13 or 14 years old and at the age where she knows everything, and I know nothing.  I will tell her how adorable she was and reminisce about her days as a 3 year old.  I cherish these young years with her, watching her develop into a young lady.  She has her personality, good looks and a definite since of style!

No comments:

Post a Comment