CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

The Adventures of Brad, Elizabeth, Allison and Will

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow

Tonight, as the rain came down and I waited for Brad to come home, the telephone rang.  On the other end was Brad saying, “Load up the kids, I’ve got something pretty exciting to show you”.  My curious nature took over and I quickly picked Will up out of his crib and told Allison to throw on her flip flops.  Brad quickly arrived and told us to come with him.  I wondered what he was up to and before long, I found out.  At the end of our driveway, we saw the most brilliant rainbow I have ever seen.  It was breathtaking and showed me what an artist our Creator is.  Allison was super excited and shrieked “that’s the first rainbow, I’ve ever seen.”  What an awesome moment to see what you’ve only dreamed about right before your eyes.  We took this time to remind our daughter what the symbol of a rainbow is-God’s promise to never flood the earth again.

IMG_3963

IMG_3965 

Genesis 9:12-16

12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment